Friday 19 August 2016

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile


Hello!

Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!

The very talented Design Winner of our July 2016 challenge is

Anne Redfern  


Anne won the challenge with this amazing piece of 3D art! We loved the level of detail in this piece, the stamped beach hut is so summery!







 We asked Anne a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)


Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?

A: I started stamping/crafting after visiting a local craft shop demonstration about 9 years ago I have not stopped since!



Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?

A:My tastes have changed over the last few years, I love vintage, grungy and also shabby chic.  It is hard to choose a favourite but I do love Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and also IndigoBlu.

 

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?

A: I don't think I have a 'style' as such so I can only describe it as eclectic – I do love colour and texture and I'll try anything once!  I am very messy when creating but I always tidy up afterwards.



Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?

A: My real passion is creating 3D projects, either designing and constructing them myself or using dies, along with stamps and inks of course!



Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?

A: That would have to be ink, without that I would not be able to stamp or to colour my projects.  Ink is so versatile.



We also asked Anne to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:

  
"I love this project because it combines everything I love about crafting – 3D, stamps and paint!  I used Eileen Hull for Sizzix Box, Caddy die, IndigoBlu's Colour Me Daisy stamp and DecoArt Paints and Mediums.  I am also thrilled that it was published in the e-book, '80 Artists Around the World'"- Anne



"I don't journal very often but this is one of my favourites because it celebrates my love of the sea.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Paint and Stains, Tim Holtz dies and IndigoBlu stamps.  I layered up the colours separately, adding some stamping for effect and finally some dies to add texture"- Anne


 Congratulations on being our July Design Winner Anne, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!


Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 

The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!



Our current challenge 'Take A Technique: Stencils and Masks' is open for a few more days, so still time to enter! Don't forget the fabulous prize of a set of 3 stencils from GiogioCraft is up for grabs!

  All the details can be found HERE.



 See you back here next Friday, where we will be announcing the winner of the  challenge... Good Luck!

11 comments:

  1. Anne's creations are always superb and she's such a fantastic person too. So pleased to see her in the spotlight where she belongs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne's 3D projects are always fantastic - always lots of colour and attention to detail. A very worthy winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne you are an inspiration to us all - your 3D pieces are always so full of detail and of the highest calibre of design! So very pleased you won Anne! Big huggles! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne is amazing. I always love seeing her projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Craft Stamper for choosing my project, it is such an honour to be featured here too!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creations and so well deserved.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A well deserved winner ..... I love seeing Anne's fabulous projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful to see you and your gorgeous work honored Anne. Love your seaside dimension! To me - it is such a great talent to be able to create 3D beauties like you do. You are definitely gifted to make incredible art. HIGH FIVE!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely to see you here in the spotlight for your beautiful work Anne. So many fabulous creations I don't know how you managed to choose favourites. Your 3D projects especially are so inspirational and your winning seaside shadow box is a stunning example of your talent. Well done you my beautiful friend. Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A well deserved winner indeed! And it was lovely to learn more about you Anne... Your creations are fabulous. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete