Thursday 5 February 2015

Taking It A Little Further With Lydia

DSC03889

By Lydia Brooke Evans

Hello there and happy Thursday! Every first Thursday of the month I get to post over on the Craft Stamper Magazine Blog, sharing further ideas about my article in that months Craft Stamper. In the February issue, I shared few cute Valentine’s cards that would be great for a child to give to their parents or even for a parent to give to their child.

I know us guys in the UK don’t really celebrate Valentine’s like they do over in the USA but I do like to celebrate it with my little family….. one can never have too much love can they?

DSC03885

So instead of colouring my cheeky chappies fromLawn Fawn ‘Monster Mash’, I decided to let some patterned paper do the work for me. I stamped them onto some patterned paper, fussy cut them out, added a little shading to them with a grey marker, covered with a Wink of Stella and then Glossy Accents on top. Once I had added the Glossy Accents I added a googly eye to each of them.

For the white card layers I have used Mama Elephant ‘Femme Frames’ and the circle window was cut using the largest of the Wplus9 ‘Clear Cut Circle Stackers’.

This was such a quick and easy card to put together to share the love around.

I would really love to know what you think of my card! Please leave me a comment, and I'd also love to see any of your work that was inspired by this!

I hope you have a beautiful day and I will see you again soon.

Hugs Lydia xxx

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've just started using Wink of Stella pens and think they are fabulous for adding just a touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete