Tuesday 25 November 2014

Meet the team - Lydia Evans

Hello and welcome to the next in our series turning the spottlight on  some of Craft Stamper's regular contributors. Today's designer is also cover girl for this month's issue - her clean and crisp style will be familiar to many! Here she is in her own words...
 
Hi there I'm Lydia Evans. I'm a wife and mother to two gorgeous (if I do say so myself) Mini-Mes and a messy crafter. I have crafted in some way, shape or form for as long as I can remember, my Aunty calls me sticky fingers as even when I was little I was always gluing and cutting something.

I joined the fantasticly talented Craft Stamper team in November last year... I can't even believe that it has been a year already! I first applied for the Ready, Set, Stamp submission on the Craft Stamper blog, it was for a Valentine's card using teal, pink and red. I couldn't believe it when it was accepted, (red, teal and pink is now one of my favourite colour combos now and always reminds me of this :). A couple of weeks after this there was a DT call and I threw my hat into the ring and it blew my socks off when I had a 'yes' to this!
 
Favourite project #1
Even though there are lots of techniques on this card all of the white space keeps it looking clean and fresh...... Plus how cute is that paper-pieced bear all wrapped up for the snow?!?!?! 
 

This project is blogged {here}


I was a scrapbooker before I really got into stamping but after joining a DT (Make The Day Special Stamp Store) that specializes in bringing stamps from the US I fell in love with the super cute images and that I could make a little piece of art with just some stamps, card and ink.

Favourite project #2
I love using stamp sets for a different look that they were made. /This little boat set was definitely made for a guy in mind but I do have a tendency to prettify or girly up images.... oh and pink waves and flowery sails... swoon.
 
 
This project is blogged {here}

Q: Do you have a signature style or favourite technique?
A: I would say that my style is Clean and Simple-ish. I do like to add in lots of different techniques while keeping the look pretty clean. My cards range from cutesy images to florals.... I do have a 'thing' for chintz florals.... obsession may be the word. 
 
Favourite project #3
Mixing girly and graphic is a huge love of mine. I just adore how the striking black and white stripe juxtaposes the soft watercolour flowers made even softer by their white outline.  
 
 
This project is blogged {here}
 
Q:  Where do you look for inspiration before you start on a project?
A:  My inspiration comes from many different sources ... clothes, challenge blogs but mostly when I see I stamp set and I think of all of the things I could do with it. Although I do like and use Pinterest it is not really my 'go-to' when Mr Mojo has packed up to go on a weekend break.

Favourite project #4
There seems to be a trend for night-time sky techniques and this card is one of the favourites I have made using the technique - plus it's just a super cool card!

This project is blogged {here}

A big thank you to Lydia for sharing a little of her stamping story and favourite projects with us - I hope you enjoyed "meeting" her!

2 comments:

  1. Great to 'meet' Lydia! Her cards are gorgeous - especially love the girly yacht.

    ReplyDelete